Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a shipment from Subaru Online Parts today! I ordered a bunch of stuff, all of it awesome. Unfortunately, some of the items arrived damaged. I ordered four ceramic mugs. Three of them were totally broken during shipping. The issue is they had been wrapped in just a single layer of brown packing paper. Then, all packaged together at one end of the box. It seemed like a pretty obvious packing error. You can't ship ceramic that way and expect it to survive the journey. Good news is that one miraculously did survive and arrived without a scratch... And, it is awesome! I know I only lost $11.75 in mugs, but I'd much rather have the mugs than the $11.75. My only regret, really, is not ordering about 8 more of them. Yes, they are just promo items made it China, but that Subaru logo adds about 100 cool points. Wish they had drinkware that came in the same color as the paint on the cars. I need a Crimson Red Pearl coffee mug.

If you want to buy these mugs from Subaru Online Parts, I recommend adding a note to the order reminded them to protect the mugs "very well." Here is a link to the item: https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-gear-ceramic-p-5193.html

·
Registered
931 Posts
Pardon me if I'm missing something, but it's the vendor's responsibility to pack the goods properly. haven't you written them to tell them the same information (with photos)you've related here, so that they can send you replacements and let's hope they get it right the 2nd time?

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pardon me if I'm missing something, but it's the vendor's responsibility to pack the goods properly. haven't you written them to tell them the same information (with photos)you've related here, so that they can send you replacements and let's hope they get it right the 2nd time?
It is, and I have. Waiting to hear back. This is just a post to help others be aware it could be an issue. When buying something fragile from SubaruOnlineParts, add a friendly note to the order as a reminder to pack items in a way that they won't be damaged during shipping. It might save people on both sides of the transaction a bit of aggravation having to arrange a refund or reshipment of an item.

Also, I wanted to share the availability of the awesome mugs. They are pretty cool looking and they feel great.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
It is, and I have. Waiting to hear back. This is just a post to help others be aware it could be an issue. When buying something fragile from SubaruOnlineParts, add a friendly note to the order as a reminder to pack items in a way that they won't be damaged during shipping. It might save people on both sides of the transaction a bit of aggravation having to arrange a refund or reshipment of an item.

Also, I wanted to share the availability of the awesome mugs. They are pretty cool looking and they feel great.
The delivery people here managed to destroy 9 out of 10 mugs from zazzle that were packaged in special styrofoam dividers specifically for mugs. It’s nuts.

Glad subaruonlineparts is taking care of your order :)

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The delivery people here managed to destroy 9 out of 10 mugs from zazzle that were packaged in special styrofoam dividers specifically for mugs. It’s nuts.

Glad subaruonlineparts is taking care of your order :)
I got my first packing lesson in Boy Scouts. We had to build a package that would prevent a raw egg from becoming broken. We could pack it with anything we wanted. The local fire department came with a ladder truck and firefighters hauled our packages to the top and dropped them one at a time. Mine was one of two that survived. About 43 went "splat!"

Jerry from SubaruOnlinePart contacted me and he's helping out. They've been fantastic.

·
Vendor
613 Posts
Sending our shippers to learn from the boy scouts sounds like a good idea :unsure:

I am glad we are working things out and appreciate your patience during this time. If you have any questions or concerns I am always available here.

Thank you,
Benny

·
Banned
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
92 Posts
I ordered some spark plugs for my Jeep from Mopar Online Parts (who I highly recommend). The packaging was lacking and one spark plug wiggles out of its individual box. Customer Service was great and sent me another spark plug quick. In a rather large box, a single spark plug was wrapped in about 6 feet of bubble wrap.

I'm a smartass, so I got it, I laughed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,646 Posts
I got my first packing lesson in Boy Scouts. We had to build a package that would prevent a raw egg from becoming broken. We could pack it with anything we wanted. The local fire department came with a ladder truck and firefighters hauled our packages to the top and dropped them one at a time. Mine was one of two that survived. About 43 went "splat!"

Jerry from SubaruOnlinePart contacted me and he's helping out. They've been fantastic.
I did this too. Parachutes were disqualified.

I built a propeller.

Afterwards propellors were disqualified.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts