Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I convinced my brother to get rid of his 03 Dodge Neon and he brought a 2013 legacy 2.5 premium with the all weather package, self dimming mirror and other stuff. He is elated to get into a much better car. The Subaru is about 100 times better than his neon.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
Haha. Two very different cars indeed. I could see a Neon owner enjoying an Impreza more though.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited
951 Posts
I convinced my brother to get rid of his 03 Dodge Neon and he brought a 2013 legacy 2.5 premium with the all weather package, self dimming mirror and other stuff. He is elated to get into a much better car. The Subaru is about 100 times better than his neon.
GEE, DO YOU THINK?

The first generation Neons were considered better cars...How many miles did he have on his Neon?

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
648 Posts
The first generation Neons were considered better cars...

yes! lol i had 2 a 94 and 98, both 2 doors, only down side is that if a front end crash around 35 mph would most likely brake both of your legs.. other then that better cars lol :D

but good job on the convening your brother to get an outback but i sure it didn't take much lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
His car had 66000 miles on it and looked like new. We sold it out right for 6000.00 after the dealership really wanted to offer a insulting low ball offer for it. I wanted him out of a neon after seeing video of the car in crash tests.

The main reason why he wanted out his neon was he wanted a car with all wheel drive. We had a blizzard 2 years ago and he was trapped for a week in his home. It dumped 22 inches of snow which is a lot for here. Tulsa just does not have the snow removal equipment to deal with this much in 1 day.

·
Registered
2009 2.5i, H4, Auto.
842 Posts
For some reason, there are a bunch of kids in my area who have Neons and think of them as race cars and that my OB is an inviting target. They think that those lame aftermarket spoilers somehow make their car faster. I love the looks on their faces when I easily beat them.

Blown96bird, ironly is that he probably gets the same or better mileage in the Legacy, despite being bigger and AWD, and his insurance will go down.

You may want to suggest to him that he look at some good snow tires, or atleast traction cables. If he wants to use it as a bad weather car, better wheels are a must.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,129 Posts
99 out of 100 times, the kids in Neons will beat you out of a light. But if you catch them when it just starts to rain, you'll just hear tire spin as they mash the go pedal, and your Outback can zoom ahead!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited
951 Posts
His car had 66000 miles on it and looked like new. We sold it out right for 6000.00 after the dealership really wanted to offer a insulting low ball offer for it. I wanted him out of a neon after seeing video of the car in crash tests.

The main reason why he wanted out his neon was he wanted a car with all wheel drive. We had a blizzard 2 years ago and he was trapped for a week in his home. It dumped 22 inches of snow which is a lot for here. Tulsa just does not have the snow removal equipment to deal with this much in 1 day.
That's cool!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wheels on the legacy look much better than the ones on my outback. He wants to raise the car up to the same height as my outback. His car is a ice silver. It has self dimming mirror with home link, rear bumper shield , splash guards, cold weather package.

I would like to see him get the remote start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts