Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site/community. Just bought a 2014 OB. Living in Brooklyn.

Knew that this day would come, but just two weeks in some bananahead banged into the rear fender, left a bunch of paint on it, and cracked/gouched the bumper. Obviously, it sucks for a new ride, but it's going to happen living in this City. Snapshot of the guy's handywork attached.

Next time, however, I want to make sure they pay the price. Going to mount a rear and front brush guard. Any recommendations from the community on a good, brush guard kit?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,413 Posts
the website offroadsubarus may have the best images detailing the manufactures of brush guards for the 2010-2014 cars. Rear stuff is really hard to find, vs. the simple big wide rubber hanging bumper guards popular in NYC.
@MiddleAgeSubie or @bradze might know some too.

best advice: park the subaru outside the city,

and get a crown vic just like this for your inside the city travels: (I just noticed a Legacy sedan in front of the old cab)

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, @eagleeye. Appreciate the links. I'll check 'em out. Parking outside the city is out of the question sadly. And having trouble finding something off the shelf. Seems like the fender/undercarriage design is not favorable to these brush guards/bull bars.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,183 Posts
Whatever you get will have to be custom.

Nobody makes off the shelf brush guards for these cars.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
you live in brooklyn, that must really suck. why would you get a new car? but at least you picked one that isn't a flashy status symbol and is built to last and do anything.

·
Registered
367 Posts
After I get my 2" Torklift eco hitch installed, I may consider adding this to the receiver:

http://www.weathertech.com/bumpstep/

And then using these lic plate frames up front as they have a slightly protruding edge:

http://www.weathertech.com/bumpframe/

I have a Passat that needs the rear bumper repainted, someone scratched the back w their car. #dashcam would have been nice

·
Registered
557 Posts
i would say that if you were serious... bypass the brush guards and go find a fabricator and get custom steel plate bumpers.

brush guards will add additional length to your car and as tight as it is parking there i don't think you want that.

also, i think there is a better change of causing additional damage to your own car if they hit those guards.

look what our australian brothers have...

joel

·
Registered
5 Posts
New to the site/community. Just bought a 2014 OB. Living in Brooklyn.

Knew that this day would come, but just two weeks in some bananahead banged into the rear fender, left a bunch of paint on it, and cracked/gouched the bumper. Obviously, it sucks for a new ride, but it's going to happen living in this City. Snapshot of the guy's handywork attached.

Next time, however, I want to make sure they pay the price. Going to mount a rear and front brush guard. Any recommendations from the community on a good, brush guard kit?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
What did you end up getting? I'll have a 2017 or 2018 Forester and will need bumper protection too, here in NYC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts