Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Legacy Limited with the HK PE627U1 Premium Sound Head Unit. Trying to find out if anyone has had one of these units out of a car and if so, does it have the ability to support a video feed for a rear camera? Your resident cable guru suggested I post here as the Outback and Legacy share alot in common. I am hoping to either find there is a video feed and use the stock HU, or else add a screen for the BU camera. Sooo...second question is has anyone added a non HU screen for a BU Camera, and if so, what screen and where did you mount it? Thanks in andvance for any info......

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
I didn't go up to the headliner for the OE wiring for the mirror/monitor but you could tie onto the signal if you get a little frisky. Our '12 had the OEM camera but I am not a fan of the small monitor in the mirror so I added a cheap aftermarket camera for the Kenwood in the dash. I just ran the wiring along the side of the car and up to where the connections for the Kenwood were. I know there is a reverse signal in the 28 pin harness but I didn't check for a video signal in that connector. I'm not sure Subaru would have added the extra wiring to the back of the radio on cars without the OEM nav.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts