Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a hood guard, that prevented bugs and rocks from reaching the windshield, on my Civic.
Traveled from New Orleans to New York City in my Civic.....no bugs no rocks.
Just completed the same trip in my Outback: 1 rock hit and chipped the windshield. In addition, I had to scrub the bugs off of the windehsield five times because vision was Impaired by the splats and gooey bug guts.

Any solutions out there?

BTW: on my 4-cylinder, 2017 Outback: 30 MPG, AVERAGE!

·
Registered
2005 Outback R LL Bean 3.0 H6 w/ 5 speed sport shift
597 Posts
Had a hood guard, that prevented bugs and rocks from reaching the windshield, on my Civic.
Traveled from New Orleans to New York City in my Civic.....no bugs no rocks.
Just completed the same trip in my Outback: 1 rock hit and chipped the windshield. In addition, I had to scrub the bugs off of the windehsield five times because vision was Impaired by the splats and gooey bug guts.

Any solutions out there?

BTW: on my 4-cylinder, 2017 Outback: 30 MPG, AVERAGE!
I've been considering a guard also. While at the dealership the other day, I was checking out their Subaru line of guards and how they fit.

I also have looked extensively at aftermarket ones. I've come to the conclusion I like the fit and quality of the Subaru line the best. The cost isn't that much more than a top end aftermarket, so that's on my Christmas list!

I see folks here recommend a Subaru dealer in Colorado (Herzerburg maybe) that sells below most other dealers.

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,498 Posts
Did you mean Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs? They are well regarded on here. I had my 42,000 mile service done there because it came due while I was in the area.

Bought cabin and engine air filters from the parts department while I was waiting for them to finish up because the service guy, after inspection, said mine should be replaced no later than the 48,000-mile service (they're on the service sked at 48K).

Seems like a good operation.

·
Registered
2005 Outback R LL Bean 3.0 H6 w/ 5 speed sport shift
597 Posts
Did you mean Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs? They are well regarded on here. I had my 42,000 mile service done there because it came due while I was in the area.

Bought cabin and engine air filters from the parts department while I was waiting for them to finish up because the service guy, after inspection, said mine should be replaced no later than the 48,000-mile service (they're on the service sked at 48K).

Seems like a good operation.
Yeah, that's the ticket!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts