Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I found an interesting video on a subject that is similar to, yet different from the car camping threads. It covers many well thought out points to consider if / before you ever find yourself in a situation such as a natural disaster. The following is one brief expl among many.

I think hurricane season is over, but many to the south found themselves homeless, have had to have thousands of $ on hand when cash machines were down and told to evacuate. The second video below will cover hurricane Katrina aftermath at New Orleans.馃悐Those who could not get out of town in time or who could not afford to live indefinitely in hotels further north were herded into a stadium. Some of the weak and elderly died from dehydration in there. FEMA blocked relief donations from entering the city. Those who got out of dodge and could live with family up north were fortunate. Consider the following.

The marauding gangs of looters were mostly M&P. They broke into homes, stole what they could find and left the home owners to the mercy of other looters or kicked them out. This happened even in the wealthy neighborhoods far out of the flood zone, like hospital emergency workers. Less able Old people were beaten up by gangs of LEO/police, robbed and stranded. In this particular area, If they had foreknowledge and ability to leave, for a number of months, they might not have had to deal with these armed gangs after surviving a hurricane and a blown levy.

What would you do if ever forced into a scenario where your Outback became your BACKUP home away from home survival vehicle?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
馃槃 LOL!

I Liked how that guy who did the video covered details of important consideration some of us haven't given much thought. You and I might have since we've been there done that. For instance I once worked for someone who didn't want to spring for lodging. Other times, I've traveled long hours and had to find a safe place to nap.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
From: https://urbansurvivalsite.com/vehicles-survive-doomsday/
It was on this magazine's top 8 list with the Hummer H2
8 Awesome Vehicles to Survive Doomsday

SUBARU OUTBACK
"If you鈥檙e looking for a smaller bug out vehicle, you still have to select a model with AWD capabilities and plenty of storage, and the best choice here will be the Subaru Outback wagon (essentially a wagon version of the Subaru Legacy sedan).

Subaru is known for making AWD sedans and wagons, and they largely control this section of the car market. Subaru鈥檚 are also noted for their reliability and are popular among outdoors enthusiasts looking for a compact off-road vehicles."

Anybody agree or do you think its not up to the task?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts