Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
And the Encore isn't a wagon? Heck even the Explorer is a wagon. Shoot even a freaking Suburban is a wagon! Last I checked WAGON was a body style

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you were talking about a 3rd gen or older, I'd agree. Sorry guys, the 4th gen has grown too large to be considered a wagon. It's an SUV, just without good approach and departure angles.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
If you were talking about a 3rd gen or older, I'd agree. Sorry guys, the 4th gen has grown too large to be considered a wagon. It's an SUV, just without good approach and departure angles.
Not exactly. The OB is based off a Legacy but has a lift gate, a large cargo area and a lift kit. CUV maybe, but not a SUV "just cause."

Also GM had one of the best AWD in the world (yea my opinion) in the Syclone/Typhoon. It was a commercially available AWD but they were the fastest trucks at the time.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Not exactly. The OB is based off a Legacy but has a lift gate, a large cargo area and a lift kit. CUV maybe, but not a SUV "just cause."

Also GM had one of the best AWD in the world (yea my opinion) in the Syclone/Typhoon. It was a commercially available AWD but they were the fastest trucks at the time.
Right, but the Buick Encore is based on the same platform at the Chevrolet Aveo, Sonic, and Cobalt.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Right, but the Buick Encore is based on the same platform at the Chevrolet Aveo, Sonic, and Cobalt.
Logical semantics.

The Rav4 is based off a Camry but it looks nothing like a Camry. My point is that the Outback IS a Legacy, not just the frame they actually are exactly the same.

Basically the car makers decide what to call these things anyway.

The funny thing is the Forester is considered a SUV and I will say that the OB is slightly bigger. Go figure.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
hmmm...does GM ever learn? Isn't that an oxymoron? lol

Yes, I am not a fan of North American cars.

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
System is far superior
Part time rear drive does not awd make. It may be a superior system if you design cars for americans who drive in states with lots of straight roads, usually square states. The rest of us, ideally, if you treat all four wheels equally you get the best performance in all conditions.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My mullet. Your mom. My Camaro.
Come on, you can do better than that... That's not even a mullet... It's just long hair!

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
This is a SUBARU board, not a GM Board. If you want to boast about camaros there are other places for it. Either ad to the conversation or go some place else.

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Lets see so far you have called a Subaru a POS, said camaros are awsome, and extolled the virtues of a very inexpensive part time awd system that GM has produced.

i never said you were trolling, i did say ad to the subaru conversation, and bashing them is not adding to it, especially without a reasonable discussion or debate.

And i love cookies :). Other boards would have kicked you off by now, i am just letting you know before another admin besides me adds their two cents.

·
Super Moderator
12,109 Posts
Trolling poster is trolling.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Let's just get settled in......:lurk:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
17 Participants
iainb
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing