Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can you get bulk crush washers for the oil plug? My 95 Saab uses a copper washer and it is the original that came on the car--never replaced it, and never lost so much as micro-drop of oil! Could I use a copper washer on the 05 Outback XT oil plug?

Thanks to any and all replies!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Wow, those Fumoto valves sound cool. Never heard of one myself, but they seem pricey! Such thing as a group buy?

Anyway, as to the original question:

I would think the Bulk crush washers would win, simply by power in numbers. The Saab might hold out for a bit in a pitched battle, but soon the bulk numbers would overwelm the Saab copper one and then it's all over.

:)

jay

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Syn--the Q will be finding a copper washer in correct size. they are supposed to be replaced every change, but i've reused em many many times w/o leakage. just clean all oil off drain plug threads and then fill em with high temp (for disc brake wheel brgs)(Mobil 1 or Val synth works well) grease. wipe off excess after tightening plug and you're done. since grease doesn't melt, it effectively prevents oil from ever reaching crush washer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
CPToversteer
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing