Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2001 Subaru OB limited for not too long and I've put a lot of money into it's repairs. After the repairs I enjoy the off-road looking (or rally) type of vehicle. I see on the Google images a 2001 Subaru BAJA brush guard (the same build as my vehicle only a with a truck bed) but I can't find any Brush Guards for sale in the U.S. Anyone know of any brush guards for sale in the U.S. that isn't a universal fit push bar?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,308 Posts
hard to find things for outbacks legacy / baja, vs. Foresters.
typical pics are of aussie made ones,...I have read that this is as many have dragged front bumpers in sand and ripped them,...that and the kangaroos.

you might find something with a name listed on "offroadsubarus.com"

few are made though,...either home made or made to order.

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,780 Posts
The best bar I have seen is SubaruXtreme's.

But, it is $$$$, something like 2,400 for my model (I could not care any less for the bar aspect of it, but I would love to have the bumper replacement to gain 5 degrees of AA).

·
Registered
2008 OBXT Ltd 5MT
492 Posts
Gorilla Offroad makes a nice offroad bar for your year. It is more solidly mounted and beefier than a Rally Innovations light bar, but not as heavy duty as a full bull bar. Starts at $565 and up depending on options. They only make a run a couple times a year, so you'd need to get in on the pre-order. One just ended (which I missed...)

PRODUCT DETAIL | Gorilla Offroad Company

Pictures of one of a Gen 3 in this thread:
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/109-gen-3-2005-2009/244249-bull-bar-anyone-done.html

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,605 Posts
I've had my 2001 Subaru OB limited for not too long and I've put a lot of money into it's repairs. After the repairs I enjoy the off-road looking (or rally) type of vehicle. I see on the Google images a 2001 Subaru BAJA brush guard (the same build as my vehicle only a with a truck bed) but I can't find any Brush Guards for sale in the U.S. Anyone know of any brush guards for sale in the U.S. that isn't a universal fit push bar?
Not to nitpick but there was no 2001 Baja, and the concept didn't have one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts