Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if any 00-04 legacy/outback front bumper would work on my outback? I know the legacy bumpers had different fog lights. So if I can get them with a used bumper, wondering if it is a direct swap. I assume the backs would be different from the sedans and wagons though. Next to impossible to find a used one in silver in my area. So trying to see what options I have.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,194 Posts
which year is yours?

2000-2002 legacy outbacks

have a slightly different front bumper shape on then the 2003-2004 legacy outback. probably bolt up fine though.
(tow hitch cover in the bumper not the same,...as that was part of the shape change )

(2004 is a odd year, with a more silver color, then the 2000-2003 that had a more gold color,.)

see cars101 on the colors. (2004 had a couple odd ball colors too).

_________

not the same as plain legacy, (fog lights not the same).

little impreza outback. and foresters are different cars all together.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
2000-04 Outbacks will all physically fit. 2000-02 will not fit exact on an 03-04 and vice versa, but they will physically attach.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is an 04. I have found a few gold ones but no luck finding a silver one. Just wasn't sure if the legacy's were the same or if I have to stick to trying to find one for an outback. I am in Lititz Pa. Between Harrisburg and Philly.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,194 Posts
Mine is an 04. I have found a few gold ones but no luck finding a silver one. Just wasn't sure if the legacy's were the same or if I have to stick to trying to find one for an outback. I am in Lititz Pa. Between Harrisburg and Philly.
try the 3 Harry's pick and pulls, each of those list the inventory, you search on "outback" in the upper right hand corner and print what is a 2004. and then you walk right to the lane # that is listed on.

I been to the big one in Hazelton, all crusher run and flat. drag a rear hatch mat out of a car for crawling under to unhook it.

no paid guys there to help you though. (= sucks for pulling big things like a engine / trans)

_______.

maybe PMP auto (call them) online they seem to specialize in turbo cars, but others here have said they have more than that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
try the 3 Harry's pick and pulls, each of those list the inventory, you search on "outback" in the upper right hand corner and print what is a 2004. and then you walk right to the lane # that is listed on.

I been to the big one in Hazelton, all crusher run and flat. drag a rear hatch mat out of a car for crawling under to unhook it.

no paid guys there to help you though. (= sucks for pulling big things like a engine / trans)

_______.

maybe PMP auto (call them) online they seem to specialize in turbo cars, but others here have said they have more than that.
Last time I checked with pmp they only had a gold one. Honestly forgot about Harry's. Will have to check them out when I get the time.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,194 Posts
Last time I checked with pmp they only had a gold one. Honestly forgot about Harry's. Will have to check them out when I get the time.
check out the colors of the 2004 here.

2004 Subaru Outback options, prices, photos, colors, all other Subarus also

"accent color = opal pearl or moonlight metallic"

then you can eliminate some of the colors on the lists.

________

and I guess those 2004 colors are real unique, as the 2003 were all titanium pearl
2004 Subaru Outback options, prices, photos, colors, all other Subarus also

1 - 8 of 8 Posts