Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 3.6R limited w/eyesight Subaru Outback....sold my 2011, Subaru Outback, 2,5i Spt Pack.
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I hit a curb last night at an angle on the front left wheel..climbed it up as well while turning...Curb was about 6 inches high. Quite a hard hit as I heard a pop or something like that. Was trying to negotiate a turn while entering the car wash. Bugger...

Anyhow, this morning...on the way to work, the tire was flat. Hmm....I pumped it up with my tire inflator (good to keep one in the car) and heard a hissing. There was cracked on my sidewall of my continentals. Problem with a flat in front, is that you have to put the "donut" in the rear instead. And put the good rear tire to the front. Took me about 20 minutes for that ordeal tire change.

Took it to Kal tire...can't fix it....I've got 68000 km on them....might as well look at 4 new tires.

Was debating between the Nokian WRG2 (had them on my impreza) or the new Nokian Entyre. The Entyre has a longer treadware rating 130000 km compared to 80000 km for the G2. Plus the Entyre was slightly cheaper. Less noisy then the G2. But won't be as good in the snow as the G2s.

I was hardset on the G2 before...after some hard thinking...I went with the Entyres instead. Thought I'd give it a try. Anyone has these on their Outbacks?

I was quoted $801 CND out the door after discounts. Ordered them....

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,307 Posts
Please keep us updated on how these wear, I'm looking at them for my next set.

·
12,307 Posts
Oh, the MXV4's are wearing like iron, still at about 8/32 with close to 25k on them...I just want to try those Nokians.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Better get your alignment checked too.

·
12,307 Posts
Any update on this a year later?

How are those entyre's treating you?

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,040 Posts
I'd be interested to know as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I've heard that Subaru requires all 4 tires to be replaced even if only one is damaged. Something about the synchronous all-wheel drive needing to turn the wheels at the same rate and newer tires having a larger diameter.

Given the number of potholes around here, I'd hate to have to spend $800 whenever I bulge a tire.

·
12,307 Posts
^^^ that is mostly correct. All 4 must match in wear and diameter. So either new tires, or have one shaved to match if the others have plenty of tread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AWD tire replacement guidelines.

So at 8400 miles on my 2013, almost 2 yr old subuaru outback, rear passenger tire with puncture/slash in side wall. Must I replace all 4 tires?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts