Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting on my 2015 outback limited to be delivered so my deal is not technically done. Has 27,000 miles on it. Paid $20,500 for the car which I thought was good. Certification was extra $1500 which gives me gold plan 7yrs 100,000 miles from original manufacture date. Basically a little less then 4 yrs. $100 deductible. Should I be looking elsewhere for warranty?

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
449 Posts
If you are keeping the vehicle long enough then it might be a no brainer, since it appears to be a Subaru backed warranty. I recently bought a RAM and was able to get a RAM backed lifetime bumper to bumper for XXXX and since my plan is to keep the truck until my last breath I feel I made a wise choice. A single electronic whiz-bang costs well in excess of $1000 today and there's no guarantee that you'll be fixed. A warranty will CYA for those types of problems. As for looking elsewhere, unless you get a Subaru backed warranty, don't bother. Aftermarket ones are generally not worth the paper they are printed on. Too many caveats and gotchas included.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,201 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts