Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28' roadster, 05' Tundra, 03' Corolla, 05' Outback
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping if anyone has unlimited carfax reports this month, if they could run an outback vin I am buying today. Just to insure its background. My brother-in-law works at a car dealership and he ran it through his system ??? and said the title was clean and he told me what recent similar outbacks went for on auction. But it did not give me servicing etc. info. If anybody would be kind enough to help me out this morning it would be much obliged. Thanks for any help and super excited to be a part of the Subaru family.
Alon

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
I am not sure that anybody has a "free" subscription... it's a paid service. There may be some corporate subscriptions by a car dealer(s) or used car lot(s) but unless you are buying a car from them I doubt they will offer you a "free" report.... however, you never know...You may ask your car insurance company, some of them may have access and they can run it for you. Or your bank, if you are financing the purchase... you can also pretend that you will finance it and (some) bank can run it for you for free....

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
738 Posts
When I was shopping in the past I did buy a package from them for unlimited reports for a fixed price for a month, their idea of unlimited ran out after like 20 reports though. If you really like the car and it seems good and all you want to do is verify what the seller states make a deal if it checks out you pay but if it shows a problem he pays for the report (have him run the report on his credit card).:29:

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts
Not to sound mean, but pay the $20 and buy the Carfax Report yourself. I don't know what year Outback you're looking to buy, but if you're about to spend $$$ on a car, $20 is NOTHING to potentially avoid a major headache down the road.

An ounce of prevention..

·
Registered
28' roadster, 05' Tundra, 03' Corolla, 05' Outback
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pulled the trigger...

Thanks for the ideas everyone. Super happy with the comfortable, spacious (compared to our corolla) and luxurious 2005 limited outback. I'll keep everyone updated with mpg and how she does in the coming months. Very excited to be a part of this forum and be in yhe Subie family.
AB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts