1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • 2006 SUBARU OUTBACK
  • 2.5L
  • 4WD
  • AUTOMATIC
  • 120,000 MILES
Hello,

Earlier today I cleaned out my car and accidentally hit the parking lights button. Now my battery is dead. However, when I click to parking light off a buzzing (or very fast clicking) starts in the dash to the right of the steering wheel. The sound has been going for more than an hour.

It stops if I turn the parking lights back on, put the key in and turn or hit the honk button. Do you know what it is and is it ok to leave it like that overnight?

For context, the steering wheel is turned very far right, even though the wheels are not (not sure how it ended up that way) and the car currently has an oil leak problem.

Thank you!
Eli

·
Registered
05 Xt beatin' to an inch of its life
513 Posts
So, low supply voltage and you’re operating the light switch? Its probably a relay or module trying to function. If it goes away with a charged battery I wouldn’t worry about it.

·
Registered
16,657 Posts
the steering wheel is turned very far right, even though the wheels are not (not sure how it ended up that way) . . .
I might be more concerned about this, than a dead battery. It needs clarification. What does "very far right" mean, and what angle are the wheels? Could the steering shaft-to-rack connection be loose or broken?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts