Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i Premium
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 2.5i Premium, and lately I've been noticing a buzzing / rattling sound which seems to be coming from the drivers side headliner area when I'm accelerating. It sound's like the same sound you would get if there was a loose screw somewhere in a plastic housing, but I don't see anywhere where this could be. The sound seems to go away if I press the center of the visor in an upward direction while it's happening, which leads me to think there is something loose up under the headliner in that area. I've felt around up there while driving, and there is a loose wire (probably from the aftermarket remote starter I had installed) but it doesn't seem to be moving, and grabbing hold of that wire doesn't seem to make the sound go away. This has been getting worse and worse over the last 10k or so miles. (I would take it back to the dealer but I'm out of warantee by 25k or so miles already). Does anybody have any suggestions? I did have the windshield replaced over the summer, not sure if there's anything that could be loose with that.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i Premium 6MT Built: 01/12, 2014 Forester CVT Limited
71 Posts
My headliner buzzing sound comes from the vanity mirror flap in my drivers side sun visor. I put my finger on it and it goes away. Unfortunately i have to driver around now with one finger raised in the air, usaully my middle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts