Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited 3.6R
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
So I am interested in upgrading my lighting system on my outback. I have always loved the look of the C-light on cars. My only issue with the Subaru for 2016, is they aren't LED's and there for not as bright as say the 2018's. It would be nice to get them with the turn signal integration. Does anybody have recommendations? I have seen a few on the forums, but looking to see if there are any updated opinions from the community. I would like to know the ease of installation that people had with the options they went with as well.

I look at this as a safety upgrade as well, making myself more visible than the high beam lights been always on as a low-beam setting when the headlights aren't activated.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 3.6r
345 Posts
Hey all,
So I am interested in upgrading my lighting system on my outback. I have always loved the look of the C-light on cars. My only issue with the Subaru for 2016, is they aren't LED's and there for not as bright as say the 2018's. It would be nice to get them with the turn signal integration. Does anybody have recommendations? I have seen a few on the forums, but looking to see if there are any updated opinions from the community. I would like to know the ease of installation that people had with the options they went with as well.

Sure. Diode dynamics makes a c light upgrade for Outbacks, Legacys, Crosstreks, Foresters and Wrxs.
Here is a link to one applicable to you. Mine showed up today, hopefully I can get them installed over the weekend. Note that any c light upgrade on pre 2018 Outbacks will require opening the headlights. There are numerous videos on youtube on how to do so.
https://www.diodedynamics.com/2015-2017-subaru-outback-c-light-switchback-led-halos.html

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to hear how it went. I was hoping I could find a whole headlight replacement unit that I could use. I am not opposed to opening up the headlight.

·
Registered
2016 3.6R OB
61 Posts
i'm doing a DIY on this c-light upgrade for the OB. Still too busy to seal the headlights.
i bought a pair of HID buckets off eBay and Diode dynamics for the c-light. My goal was to replace the dimmed high beams with this as my DRLs. It will also function as switchblades for signal lights. I called lightwerkz, and I told them how I would like to do with my C-light, and they provided me the wiring diagram. Johnnychan and runner9595 both have these piece intalled and tested on their rig.

mine is still unfinished.
https://imgur.com/a/eREkmGT

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anybody tried to replace 2016 outback with 2018 outback headlights? From what I can guess it’s probably not so capable, depending on how the system runs the lights? I currently have the limited right now, but I don’t want the added features of the 2018 besides the c-light.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,298 Posts
Has anybody tried to replace 2016 outback with 2018 outback headlights? From what I can guess it’s probably not so capable, depending on how the system runs the lights? I currently have the limited right now, but I don’t want the added features of the 2018 besides the c-light.
It's doable but since it's after the refresh you will have to change out the bumper, grill, and possibly fenders/hood as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts