Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2010 Outback and has close to 10k miles. Figure I'd change the cabin filter ($75 at my dealer) so I viewed all the on-line videos and the process seems pretty simple so I just opened my glove box and looked in - the dampener arm was the first item to undo per the video. Just looking at mine, the dampener arm is connector to the glove box with what looks like a plastic screw (at least there is a slot in the end of the tab the dampener arm snaps on to) - is that really a screw, or does the arm just snap off that tab w/o unscrewing anything?

·
Registered
91 Posts
no tools needed.
pop the arm off and press the sides of the box in (hard)
I had better luck grabbing the back upper edge of the glove box and pulling forward. This deflects the sides inwards and made dropping the box a lot easier.Do this one side at a time and you should have no problem.

A good view of dampener arm removal can be seen in this video:
As davekra said, it just pops off at the bottom where it attaches to the glove box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
bfoutch
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing