Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admittedly this is idle curiosity, I haven't got a broken Baja.

All the other Legacy derivatives have the cabin pressure vent low in the rear side, covered by the plastic rear bumper cover. This is the vent that you never see or control- but it lets out a little puff of air when you slam the last door closed. It also lets out a big puff of air when an airbag deploys inside the closed cabin.

Where a Baja is concerned, that area of the car is the pickup bed; not part of the cabin.

My curiosity stems from having seriously considered buying a Baja a few years back. My rationale for replacing the previous car was that I wanted something with more modern safety equipment. When I researched the Baja, I found that it had many fewer airbags than the other same-year Legacy variants, so I dropped the idea and bought an Outback instead.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you didn't have these, your windows would blow out the first time you shut your door hard. In Outbacks these are on the right side rear lower fender, just in front of your tail light assembly. 4 vents with rubber flaps, in a casing about 8" x 12".

Not sure how Subaru thinks water won't get in when wading a stream though...the flaps are just flat, not anything special like an o-ring flap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts