Subaru Outback Forums banner

Cadillac ATS calipers feedback request

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  doru 
#1 ·
[I posted the same question on Gen3 forum but posting here to for wider audience]
Hi guys,
if you are running the ATS calipers up front can you tell me how is the pedal feel?
Here is why asking ... I'm concerned that the stock master brake cylinder is not large enough for the increase in fluid necessary to move the bigger pots in the bigger calipers. Do you have to press further on the brake pedal until brakes start to grab?

Also please post what rear caliper you are using.
Thanks

#3 ·
I'm used to big Brembo brakes all around on my Volvo. I already done the brakes on the Outback with all new components and they are lacking - that is a gross understatement. Even my 97 Camry with used brakes stops a LOT better than the Outback. That's a shame when you have such a nice parts bin at Subaru.

I read about all the options including better pads and rotors, WRX red calipers all around, LGT all around, sti all around, and I settled on ATS fronts and WRX red rear. Sti would have been the ideal but too much money. I do not care about any of the other big brake kits as I do not trust them like I trust Brembo.

Why my questions? I want to figure out if I also need the sti master cylinder to keep up with the larger calipers.

#6 ·
Are the ATS calipers 4 or 6 piston? I'm running the 4 piston STI front calipers on my Outback and the pedal feel is great with the stock master brake cylinder. As far as I know there isn't any rear caliper upgrades that can be done for the 2015-2019 Outbacks. What year is your Outback?

#7 ·
It is 09. Great to get this feedback but what year is your Outback?
The Cadillac ATS are very similar to sti. They are also Brembo, also 4 pots, but just a bit shy smaller in size and pots diameter. They are a LOT cheaper.

The rear upgrade is using Torque Solution TS-SU-317 brackets (or KNS, could not find the Kartboy) with 06-07 WRX (non-sti) rear red calipers and rotors. Calipers are available cheaper remanufactured freshly powder coated or just zinc. Or take a look here for options.

I have no idea for '15-'19 but there are some detailed threads about brakes interchange on the super sticky on NASIOC Brakes, Steering & Suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.