Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here taken a 2.5na motor and built a forced air intake with a scooped hood that pushed air right into the torque box? I figured if I found a big enough filter (I am sure it exists), built a holder for said filter, put in a few holes for drainage in the rain and connected it to the torque box this would either bring torque and power way up...or be a gigantic stupid somewhat expensive shitty abortion of an intake.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
this would either bring torque and power way up...or be a gigantic stupid somewhat expensive shitty abortion of an intake.

Thoughts?
Can I put $100 on #2?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Id match you...I was just throwing it out there. My cousin made a good point. Get an old stock intercooler, cut the top off and drop a filter in.

Although, as I did more research it appears that there is NO negligible performance gain but a great sound gain by installing a simple CAI before the intake and removing the OEM intake. $20 at Home Depot and a cone filter sounds like a better idea any day of the week.

I was just having a mad scientist moment...

·
Registered
17,023 Posts
I've seen DIY pics of folks doing that mod or similar with old Outback Sports and NA Imprezas. Probably need to search/ask at NASIOC. Or check over at scoobymods.

probably get some more noise - I doubt you'd get measurable power increase.

·
Registered
718 Posts
^^ The blue nylon hold-down strap is a nice touch. It sets off those green motor housings well. But I think I would have used red duct tape. HPH

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys

*sulks away*

My buddy at work told me I was an ******* and he hoped my motor blew up...you guys were at least nicer than him

1 - 12 of 12 Posts