Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so is there anyone else that's been modding the heck out of there cars besides me and bradze seems like a short list, whats everyone got?

·
Registered
2000 Limited Wagon 5MT
303 Posts
You're not supposed to mod a Subaru, especially a Legacy (Outback). You see, manufacturers never have to make compromises on a 25k car. They're absolutely perfect from the factory.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,323 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
619 Posts
so is there anyone else that's been modding the heck out of there cars besides me and bradze seems like a short list, whats everyone got?
Um... hello? Plenty of folks do.

OK, actually, only a few... Ryan (CombatMedic) is another.

L'il adventure thread: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...little-light-off-roading-central-florida.html

More equipment than mods, but here's a quick and dirty:

• Tires: Yokohama Geolandar AT/S 225/70/16
  • Wheels: Hubcaps removed. (OK, I know, but hey!)
  • Spare wheel: Full size wheel with full size tire. Deflated and stuffed in place of almost useless temp spare. I rotate all five wheels. Remaining space is stuffed full of recovery gear (straps, etc.) and tire deflators/ pump/ etc.
  • Skid plates: Primitive Front, tranny, and rear diff.
  • Stock bottom engine cover: destroyed in a field. Long gone, not missed.
  • Lightbar: Primitive full monty with fog guards and bull bar. And yes, you will need to cut holes in your front bumper to install it. So what? I can (and occasionally do) stand on this **** thing.
  • Lights: 2 Lightforce Lancer 170. Set on double position toggle, so lights are either on, off, or go on with the bright lights.
  • Trailer hitch: Hidden hitch with 600# tongue rating.
  • Roof basket: Subaru's Yakima built basket. Often loaded with shovels, air tank, and spanish moss.
  • Winch: 4,500 lb, mounted in a trailer hitch cradle. Power lead with disconnect is on the lightbar. I made a 25' cable to run power to either the winch (in the rear) or a set of jumper cables. No need to open the hood.
  • Strut top lift blocks: Primitive spacers on all four corners. (2 inch lift combined with the springs below)
  • Springs: Kings lift springs.
  • Rear subframe lowering spacers: solid aluminum Primitive.
  • Rear Swaybar and endlinks: Removed. The stiffer spring rate pretty much negates it, anyways. I was previously running an STI bar from my former car, an 08.
  • Floormats: Weathertech digi-fit floor liners.
  • Clearcoat scratches: Courtesy of various trees and shrubs. All custom. (usually under a protective coat of dust and dried mud.)
  • Window tint: 35% front and 5% rear and back window. Windshield was 80% "Air 80"... until an oak tree modified my windshield. Oak trees hate windshield tint, who knew?

·
Registered
Black 2010 OB 2.5i Premium CVT
1,409 Posts
Heck yea! Mod the crap out of it!!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited
950 Posts
I put a hitch, cargo net, a tweeter kit, a K&N filter and new headlamp bulbs in mine...Does that count? lol

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
  • Strut top lift blocks: Primitive 2" on all four corners.
  • Rear subframe lowering spacers: solid aluminum Primitive.
they make a 2"inch lift?! i only see 1.25! and what is this rear subframe lowering spacers? i dont see that on there site at all, and how much was the lightforce lights?

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're not supposed to mod a Subaru, especially a Legacy (Outback). You see, manufacturers never have to make compromises on a 25k car. They're absolutely perfect from the factory.

lies! nothing is perfect! lol but its about adding something of your self to the car, not just leaving it alone, i mean yeah that's good and all leaving it the way it is but i didn't ask if you agreed with modding or not....

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
lies! nothing is perfect! lol but its about adding something of your self to the car, not just leaving it alone, i mean yeah that's good and all leaving it the way it is but i didn't ask if you agreed with modding or not....
It would appear that your sarcasm meter is broken.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
619 Posts
they make a 2"inch lift?! i only see 1.25! and what is this rear subframe lowering spacers? i dont see that on there site at all, and how much was the lightforce lights?
Oops... Mistypes, between the springs and spacers, it's 2" of lift.

The subframe spacers are new, and probably not on the site. Call or e-mail them. I took some pics, I'll dig them up and post them. When you ligt the car's body, it pushed the rear suspension mounting points enough out of whack that you get some serious positive camber, and the wheel darn near touch the front of the wheel wells. Easy solution? Lower the rear subframe. I used washers originally, but replaced them with the solid aluminum spacers recently.

The lights came in a package deal with the bar... So...

Wow, did I manage to not answer a question or what? Awesome!

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
i got carried away with modifying. next week i plan to remove most of the interior to put dynamat on the roof and under the carpet. when my friend isn't busy, he will help me extract a bolt holding on my underbody brace. i also need to hookup my rearview camera and keyless ignition thing. eventually the sub and amp that are in my car now are going in my wife's impreza when i hook up her pioneer avic h/u and then a new amp and 10" sub will go in my car. i might also break down and buy a spare tire mount for my roof rack. i have plenty of other plans but they're way off into the future.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts