Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2018 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my iPhone is connected through BT, not CarPlay, podcasts weren’t playing, even though the phone was clearly connected.

When I started Pandora on my phone, it also didn’t play over the speakers...until I opened the Pandora app on Starlink. Then I heard the music.

After that, my podcasts and everything else would play. Anyone know why it’s working this way?

·
Registered
2015 3.6R
1,855 Posts
Mine BT works but I've found that using Pandora over bluetooth for example I had to really crank up the volume. At first I thought it just wasn't playing. If I connect my phone through a USB cable and the pandora app on the infortaintment screen then I hardly have to turn it up to hear it. Not sure if it's a bluetooth thing you're experiencing similar to me and if you try using a USB cable if it helps the apps like Pandora.

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it appears that what I experienced was a temporary glitch. After that day, the phone works fine over BT, playing podcasts or whatever through the Starlink Media app. That day, the Media app simply showed that, although the phone was connected, there was no Media to play.

Here’s hoping that doesn’t happen often. Reading the problems some folks have had with the head unit is disturbing but I really like the interface. Since it comes with nav, I currently prefer using the stock apps to CarPlay.

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, when I experienced the problem the volume was maxed on the phone, which the iPhone typically does automatically when connected by Bluetooth to a device.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Limited, 2013 Tesla Model S 85
1,059 Posts
Yes, when I experienced the problem the volume was maxed on the phone, which the iPhone typically does automatically when connected by Bluetooth to a device.
I think my iPhone remembers USB, Bluetooth, and speaker volumes independently. May even remember per device. But there are some events which can change one automatically. Not sure when or what makes that happen.

In the latest iOS is a setting that defaults to OFF for trusting USB connections. Again, not sure if this is per-device or universal for all USB. If your phone is unlocked when plugged in this setting doesn't matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts