Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are getting some snow right now and I turned off the VDC and tried to do some power slides and as the back end started to swing out and things were starting to get fun, the brakes kicked in to straighten the car out. I thought that any auto braking and such was disabled when VDC was turned off?

What a killjoy. Is it possible to to have fun in the snow?

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Limited with Nav, Premium Audio and Eyesight
81 Posts
Lucky you din't flip it over....

David

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Nannies S*ck

I got 2 of the last years where the OBs haves nothing The split/bias on the XTs (and LGTs) is superb. With the right rear sway bar...you can steer with the throttle.

And to top it off ... we have a real e-brake which is just both "hoot" in the snow, but also a great "benefit". If the front end does start to plow, locking up your right hand and you straighten her right back out. Plus you can modulate it.

Sorry, I luv my cars in the snow.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
Welcome to a modern vehicle with traction control.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,207 Posts
It's probably just a matter of figuring out other options for having fun. I remember when front-wheel-drive vehicles first started becoming the norm in the 80s and the complaint was that you couldn't spin donuts with them. It didn't take long to figure out how incorrect that was.>:)

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,212 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Carbide Gray Outback 3.6R with EyeSight
176 Posts
I wonder if triggering Check Engine light would still keep TC on. We know that when CEL is on, so is every other light saying that all safety features (EyeSight, VDC, etc) are disabled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts