Subaru Outback Forums banner

Can Cruise Control be used without eyesight?

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TXgal 
#1 ·
I have a 2016 OB Ltd and suddenly while getting ready for a road trip, the yellow “EyeSight Off check manual” warning light came on. In reading the manual, I was under the impression that non-EyeSight assisted cruise could be activated if EyeSight is not operating. I have not been able to get this to engage and really need cruise control for this trip. Dealer says eyesight camera needs to be replaced which I have neither time nor money to take care of before leaving. Would appreciate any guidance anyone may have as to [1] whether regular cruise can be enabled if there is EyeSight issue and [2] how to do so. Tried turning on cruise control and pushing up/down distance button per manual ~ no success.

#2 ·
I have a 2016 OB Ltd and suddenly while getting ready for a road trip, the yellow “EyeSight Off check manual” warning light came on. In reading the manual, I was under the impression that non-EyeSight assisted cruise could be activated if EyeSight is not operating. I have not been able to get this to engage and really need cruise control for this trip. Dealer says eyesight camera needs to be replaced which I have neither time nor money to take care of before leaving. Would appreciate any guidance anyone may have as to [1] whether regular cruise can be enabled if there is EyeSight issue and [2] how to do so. Tried turning on cruise control and pushing up/down distance button per manual ~ no success.
Press and hold the distance button. It’s 3-5 seconds before it switches.

#4 ·
From page 75 of the Eyesight manual:

• When the (CRUISE) switch is first turned on, the Adaptive Cruise
Control is set.
• To change the Cruise Control mode, press and hold the / (following
distance setting) switch for approximately 2 seconds or longer.
(This is effective only when the main Cruise Control is on and neither
Adaptive Cruise Control nor Conventional Cruise Control are set.)
• Conventional Cruise Control can be used even when EyeSight is temporarily
turned off.
If it's not working, try turning off cruise control completely then following the steps above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.