Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run 235/55-18 tires for Gen 4 without mod?

I ordered the TSW Nurburgring in 18x8. The guys at Discount Tires told me I can put 225/55-18 or 235/50-18. I would like 235 width because it is an 8" wide wheel and afraid the 225 will be a bit narrow. I also would like the 235/55-18 for a little more sidewall. I have seen some people running this tire and wheel set up on the Gen 4 Outback. I am also aware that brands of tires run big while some run small for the same size.

Anyone have any luck running 235/55-18 tire with 18x8" wheel without rubbing and without modifications to their vehicle?

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure that is the question......

Raidman, thanks for your support.

You can put either 225/55R-18 or 235/50R-18. Either one will fit on an 18x8 inch wheel.

Let us know if you need assistance.
I believe he would like to know if that tire/wheel combo rubs. I would like to know this as well. There is precious little room between the strut and the tire. Just stick your hand in there to check. That is static....how close does it get when the tire is deformed in a turn. Certainly a plus one configuration should be fine but when you add more tread width also.... A question; Did you keep the same back spacing?

David

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm running 225/55-18 with stock offset and no issues at all. I would of went with 235 if my offset was not stock. With stock offset 235 will rub at least on my application.

·
Supporting Vendor
710 Posts
I believe he would like to know if that tire/wheel combo rubs. I would like to know this as well. There is precious little room between the strut and the tire. Just stick your hand in there to check. That is static....how close does it get when the tire is deformed in a turn. Certainly a plus one configuration should be fine but when you add more tread width also.... A question; Did you keep the same back spacing?

David

The Nurburgring is available in 2 different offsets. He could run either tire size on either offset and as long as the suspension is still stock there shouldn't be any rubbing.

The 235/55R18 size may also fit but this falls into a grey area where it may rub or it may not. Tires are like shoes, some run a little larger and some run a little smaller in the same size. This size would have a better chance of fitting without rubbing if mounted to the 18x8 +45mm offset Nurburgring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Discount Tire
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing