Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 outbackXT 5MT, 2007 Impreza 2.2MT, 1974 MGB
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a line on a used AccessPort APAP-SUB-003 version b that is complete and which the owner says is unmarried from the 2011 STI that he has already sold. Price is reasonable and the guy seems reasonable. Apparently the unit has the STI maps and a Perrin map for the STI. If I get it, is it simply a matter of downloading XT maps and the flashing my ECU? In other words, can I screw tois up and brick my car??

·
Registered
05 OBXT 5eat stg1.2
2,105 Posts
You'd have to call them to see if that version is compatible with the XT. If it is not compatible, it won't brick your ecu, it will simply remove money from your pocket. There are a lot of accessport versions, don't assume it will work.

·
Registered
'18 3.6R Ltd
731 Posts
^ Yeah -- well said. I was trying to figure out how to offer that sort of cautionary advice. Check with Cobb to see if that particular model is compatible with your model and year of XT. If so, downloading the proper maps is actually straight-forward. HPH

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've checked Cobb's website and that model is compatible with a 2009 XT. Any other advice or words of wisdom?

·
Registered
14' 6-spd
20 Posts
The real risk is that the previous owner did not properly unmarry the AP making locked to being used on a different car.

You might want to call or email COBB and as what would be the solution if this ends up being the case.

I sold an old version of the AP to someone once and sent them a screen shot of the AP unmarried. Sounds like that is not an option if their car is already gone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pulled the trigger and bought it. It was as advertised, unmarried, and I deleted his STI maps and downloaded the shelf stage1 91 octane OutbackXT maps from Cobb. Flashed the ECU,- straightforward process- very happy with the results. Smoother, pulls harder at lower rpms. Thanks for the advice!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts