Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 3.6R base
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I would hurt anything if I stuck a hose down in my tank to get gas for my house generator if I need to? TIA Garth

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,349 Posts
Won't work.

Tank is designed to not allow a siphon like that.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
511 Posts
Here in Yuma there are some kids that can show you how to get gas out of any vehicle. I suspect there are some in your town that can do the same.

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,477 Posts
There has been some talk about modifying the gas return line so that when the engine is idling the car will actively pump fuel out of a temporary aux line, presumably to a DOT approved gas can. Search this board and I'm sure you'll find it.

To be honest, I don't know if the '13 has a return, or is one of the new returnless systems that will eventually be mandated...

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
In Norcal, gas thieves drill a hole in the bottom of the tank when siphon doesn't work.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5 EyeSight & 2010 Legacy Premium, 2010 OB Limited (traded)
2,129 Posts
The ones have seen look more like an ice pick or awl was used!:eek:
Me too. In fact the thieves handbook warns not to use a drill unless you want an explosion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts