Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have expierience pulling longer distance a load with 2.5 and cvt?looking at a teardrop that weighs 975 lb and concerned being a cvt.thanks for the help.oh, 2010 outback,20000 miles

·
Registered
2012 Outback Premium Ruby Red Pearl 2.5 CVT AWP
402 Posts
The longest distance (so far) that I have towed my ~900# teardrop is from the SF Bay Area to Yosemite and back. Around 4+ hours each way. That said, the road into and out of Yosemite Valley is very steep with many switchbacks. My 2.5 CVT performed admirably and I would niot hesitate to do it again...or over the Sierras for that matter. The paddle shifters worked great especially on the downhill switchbacks. :29:

·
Registered
'08 Veracruz Limited
3,992 Posts
If its really that light, you have nothing to worry about. You're 1600 lbs. below the capacity limits.

I bet you could reliably tow 1100 lbs. across the country with a Corolla.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
511 Posts
When I purchased my 2012 Outback I went with the 3.6 H6 so I would get a real transmission. My thinking was if the CVT could not handle the 3.6 H6 then it probably could not handle any kind of a trailer even behind the 2.5.
I get 20 mpg towing a 2200 lb trailer with my 3.6. I doubt a 2.5 would get much better mpg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts