Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I love the reverse brake sensors on the '17 models, but wondering if it could be retrofitted to the '15 model year outback.

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6 '15 XV
90 Posts
Ask a dealer. Unlikely. So many systems involved, it is likely a lot more trouble than to buy a new one with those features. BTW, it works very well. Maybe too aggressive for me, and not a reason I bought the '18. It's the future for cars to be more and more automated, I believe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interestingly, my dealer did not know. Its a good feature to have when you have small kids in the house.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,082 Posts
Not likely. As @Studly says, there are so many integrations needed. The car isn't wired for the module to plug in, first of all. Second, the main control module (ECM or BCM?) wouldn't know what to do with the data and a simple reflash to support it is likely not so simple.

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6 '15 XV
90 Posts
Interestingly, my dealer did not know. Its a good feature to have when you have small kids in the house.
Yer dealer parts department could figure it out. again, IMHO not likely. Just the parts would cost a lot, if they will sell them. Installation and quality of install become a liability nightmare if you put it in and have an oops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts