Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Magnetite Gray Metallic 2.5 Outback Limited & 2012 Crystal White Pearl 2.5 Outback Limited
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me the name of the piece that has snapped off? The plastic snaps? broke and it will not stay in place.

Is this something I can order and snap in or will it require purchasing the whole shabang?

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had that part snap off when I was getting my tires rotated. Bring the piece to the dealer, it was like $15 at the most for the whole part. They should have it in stock, mine did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Magnetite Gray Metallic 2.5 Outback Limited & 2012 Crystal White Pearl 2.5 Outback Limited
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much! That is a huge relief!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,193 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited
440 Posts
You can probably just show the photo on your cell phone to the parts person at the dealer.

It looks like the piece was held on by both snap clips and mounting tape (the gray strips). Hopefully the replacement part comes with the mounting tape.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much everyone! Love this forum! Huge help!

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Limited
1,372 Posts
That looks like it is installed with mounting tape. If that's the case, you would not need a replacement part, just some new tape and some elbow grease to clean off the old tape. Heavy duty mounting tape is available at home improvement centers. There is grey or black substrate tape which are both much more heavy duty than the standard white foam mounting tape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts