Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and read through several old threads about messaging problems on outbacks but never found a solid resolution. My wife has been driving the Outback 2017 Touring for a year and never bothered to fully sync her phone but now I am gonna drive it so I synced everything. I have a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus and had no problem syncing up the phone, bluetooth and it even brought over the contacts from my phone book etc.

And yes I did enable the SHOW NOTIFICATIONS option in the bluetooth setup on the phone. It looks as if everything is ok and I am able to use SIRI to SEND messages while driving and that works great. But I never get any email or TEXT messages on the screen. When I tap the little envelope on the PHONE menu on the Subaru screen, I get the grid where the messages SHOULD be but the are not there.

Have any of you had this problem with an iPhone? What did you do to resolve it? It is supposed to display the message there because I see youtube videos with messages being read out loud by the system.

Any tips?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today for no real reason, it just started working. I had not made any other changes and I was driving along and pow. I got a text and it was clearly read to me etc.

I love it !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Rotts, do you have your iphone set to show the message on the lock screen? Mine isn't working either and am not sure what else to try

Thanks

Lofty

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Outback with a Samsung Galaxy S4. Sometimes my text messages appear and read out just fine, other times it can't find the message lists. Once it read out the date & time of the text message but then said I had to be parked to read the actual text message. It all seems to be random, when it works and when it doesn't. I've tried to figure out some pattern but no luck thus far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts