Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Outback H6-3.0
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Outback and i locked the card with my fob last night. This morning my fob wouldn't work so I unlocked it with the key and the alarm went off. Both the passenger and driver door switches don't work either. So i ended up just unplugging the horns and driving to work. Just now I checked the fuse, looked ok but replaced it anyway still no dice. However, when i pulled the fuse for the door locks it stopped the relay for the horn so thats a "band-aid" fix for now i guess.

Any ideas?

Also, my clock was reset which makes me think battery but it started and ran fine.

Edit: my power windows work

·
Registered
2001 Outback H6-3.0
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the issue, the Clock-Room 15A fuse in the engine compartment was blown. When I replaced it it blew again.... so now to find that.

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,812 Posts
when the alarm goes off and you have the key - cycle the key quickly from OFF to ON 3 times. the alarm should stop.

not sure on the switches/fuse. check power ports if you charge a phone? any changes or new stuff ?

·
Registered
2001 Outback H6-3.0
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tired the on off thing while my horn was going off for 10 minutes in the street haha. No new stuff, but i do have a USB charger in the cig lighter. There is a short in that circuit somewhere, so I'll have to track it down (which I have never done before). I have a good multi-meter so I'll mess with it at home.

·
Registered
2001 Outback H6-3.0
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have a wiring diagram for the circuit (Clock-Room 15A)? I cant find one

·
Registered
2001 Outback H6-3.0
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the short was being caused by one of the wires on the security control module. I tested the wires in the plug and I couldn't pin point which one was causing the issue. I also couldn't visually see any signs of a short so I just ended up disconnecting the security unit all together. Everything works, I just don't have the factory alarm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts