Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Outback 2011 2.5 Premium AWP 6MT
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to the Cape Cod, MA area in a couple of weeks. Does anyone knows a good "outback accessible" beach in that area ?

I already know that my outback does not meet the ORV requirement of the Cape Cod Nationnal Seashore

I'll have my 9 months old daughter onboard so I'm not looking for something too extreme !!

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 Ford Escape XLS - 2002 Subaru Outback
246 Posts
I've spent many summers down there, and in the last few years everywhere has been closing. I can't find a single place. You used to be able to go out on the dunes and do whatever you pleased.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why doesn't the outback meet the ORV requirements? I am considering one myself and want to know where I can and can not go. They are so capable!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Tire width for me.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4EAT
622 Posts
Yeah i was going to say I live in Hyannis and there aren't any beaches you can drive on with your outback. Trust me I've tried. Unless you buy a full size spare tire, have a wooden board, and a jack(changing a flat tire in the sand would be interesting) and a tow strap....You could try calling up where Race Point Beach on the cape and ask what requirements are needed to drive on the beach...I know the permit costs 50 bucks..but on a side note even though I have never doubted my cars capabilities I've driven in some sand and my car does not like it at all...It just gets caught in my brakes and I get all these weird noises...that's my 2 cents

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sand is the worst for cars. It's litterally sandblasting your whole car. Gets everywhere aswell.

I used to have a family house off Craigsville beach! I miss Hyannis, due for a visit as it's been a year.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4EAT
622 Posts
Yeah, it's so nice...I work for Hy-Line ferries...the high speed ferry to Nantucket...I have some family on Nantucket...ha last summer my subaru spent its time on Nantucket...It's so nice being on the cape...I love it...and Craigsville beach is literally a 2min drive from me

·
Registered
246 Posts
Maybe get a Cape Outback meet together? Even if its only 3-4 of us.

·
Registered
1999 Outback Wagon 2.5L
18 Posts
Sand is the worst for cars. It's litterally sandblasting your whole car. Gets everywhere aswell.

I used to have a family house off Craigsville beach! I miss Hyannis, due for a visit as it's been a year.
And don't forget... that is not just sand, but salt encrusted sand! It will pile up in places like frame rails and anyplace it can just pile up. Then that sand will get wet when it rains and makes a nice little wet salt pack to just rust away.

·
Registered
246 Posts
True that! When I see videos of people going in ocean water, I cringe.

But yet, us New Englanders have to deal with that 6 months out of the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts