Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im noticing this more and more as I get used to my car. it doesnt matter if its hot or cold, when its in park and drive is selected the car seems to hesitate alot before rolling forward.

my comparison is my 2000 base outback, when drive is selected, it waits less than have a second and then gently rolls away

where as my 2004 when its drive is selected the time i can feel it engage its forwards gear. it seems like it catches on something and then leaps forward. and then its fine

anybody got any clues?

i do know its previous owner had its torque converter replaced. but thats it

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,935 Posts
My 1st ques is what is the idle speed- proper, or a bit high?

My car had a trans trouble code without flashing the AT Temp light, try pulling the AT diagnostic codes.

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,935 Posts
stolen from another thread-

1) Warm up the engine
2) Turn the ignition switch OFF
3) Turn the ignition switch ON
4) Start the engine
5) Drive the vehicle at speeds greater than 12 MPH
6) Stop the vehicle
7) Depress the brake pedal and move the gear selector to "1"
8) Turn the ignition switch to OFF
9) Turn the ignition switch to ON
10) Move the gear selector to "2"
11) Move the gear selector to "1"
12) Move the gear selector to "2"
13) Move the gear selector to "3"
14) Move the gear selector to "D"

Now examine the AT Oil Temp light again:

If the light's blinking 4 times a second, then the problem is most likely a power supply or ground problem.

If the light's blinking 2 times a second, then the TCM believes all is normal.

If the light's on solid or not on at all, then there's a problem with the light's circuit.

If the light's blinking with one or more long (1.2 sec) pulses, followed by one or more short (.2 sec) pulses followed by a 1.5 sec pause, then you're seeing a TCM diagnostic trouble code (DTC). The long pulses indicate "tens" and the short ones indicate "ones" so you add up the number of long pulses to get the left digit of the DTC and you add up the number of short pulses to get the right digit of the DTC. DTCs are two digits long (e.g. 23, 36, etc.). The end of the "ones" is indicated by a 1.5 second pause. Then, if that is the only DTC stored, it begins repeating that DTC with the "tens" again. However, there may be more than just one DTC stored, in which case they are spit out sequentially with 1.5 sec pauses between them, until the whole sequence repeats again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts