Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my car Subaru forester 2004 and i'm having problem with it lock. My car lock has been jammed and it is very difficult to turn the key into the lock and if it turns the car wont starts. If anyone have some suggestions plzz share them with me.

·
Registered
2009 2.5i, H4, Auto.
842 Posts
Start by adding some lube to the lock. You can use WD40, or put some oil on a key and work the key in and out a few times.

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
You should really use Graphite on a lock WD-40 is a dirt collector when it comes to locks.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Try turning the steering wheel just a bit to take pressure off the lock mechanism.

·
Registered
Outback 2007 3.0Rn 5EAT Wagon.
536 Posts
Has the lock been damaged? Is it the right key for the car?

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
car is in park or drive right? sometimes you gotta jiggle the shift lever back and forth to make sure it "knows" it's in park - even if it looks like it is.

+1 - move the steering wheel back and forth - sometimes you gotta really pull it hard left or right to get the key to turn past the lock mechanism.

you want lock lubricant, not WD-40. wal-mart?, home depot, lowes, hardware stores should carry it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts