Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback 3.0
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 3.0 and someone put a cold air intake on it and I just want it back to normal. It won’t stay started when I put an air filter on it the car won’t stay started.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6 Touring, which replaced '05 Outback XT
873 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery, then stepping on the brake peddle for a few seconds. After you reconnect the battery and start the car, the computer will relearn it's idle fuel mixture versus engine temperature map. Allow the car to idle until it's reaches operating temperature.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback 3.0
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try disconnecting the battery, then stepping on the brake peddle for a few seconds. After you reconnect the battery and start the car, the computer will relearn it's idle fuel mixture versus engine temperature map. Allow the car to idle until it's reaches operating temperature.
ok so here is another questio. Apparently the car doesn’t have a box. I’m not sure what that means that is what I was told. Do I need to have that for this to work? It just has this rigged up hose coming from engine then this filter was attached to the end of it.

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
1,237 Posts
Reactions: SilverOnyx

·
Registered
18,866 Posts
See attached. Complete intake, from the intake duct (1), at the front, through the air filter box, round intake duct (11), and air intake chambler (15) at the back that connects to the throttle body. Note #18, the MAP and AIT sensor. This is critical for proper engine operation. (Also shown as 22680 in the diagram linked in the earlier post.)

Attachments

·
Registered
18 horizontally opposed cylinders of fury
412 Posts
And here is an ancient for sale post with an engine photo that can further help you visualize the OEM air intake. You can also post a photo of your engine for more help identifying what's missing.

Reactions: SilverOnyx

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
1,237 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Outback Limited 2.5i Pearl White Metallic
121 Posts
You'll probably want to go to a salvage yard to pick up a complete OEM setup. Ebay is kind of a crap-shoot, and people want too much, plus shipping on top of that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts