• would like hatchback style cover

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do people like to have the cargo area blind? I personally have it almost always pulled across and would just LOVE it if Subaru put out something more like the Mazda6 hatch has made out of fibre board covered in carpet or the like, perhaps with a hinge in the centre..

Please note: this is a multiple choice poll, you can select more than one option to vote for.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I like the clean look, so mine is almost always pulled across. I would like to see something sturdier, tho. However, a fiber board one may be impractical to store in the car when you have to haul something in a jiffy.

·
I need a fog horn, ,
213 Posts
I usually have a decent compliment of tools rattling around in the back- so my shade is always on

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Mine used to be always on, until it broke.

The little plastic "stop piece" on the drivers side of the cover itself snapped off, so it has no way to grab onto the "hook" at the rear. Lame, I've been trying to figure out a way to fix it for months now, to no avail.

·
Registered
18 Posts
FMGreen... if you still have the piece that broke off (or something that's the same size) try JB Weld. can get it at pretty much any hardware store. just mix, apply and let it cure over night. It's worked well for me on a large number of projects.

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
1,211 Posts
FMGreen said:

The little plastic "stop piece" on the drivers side of the cover itself snapped off, so it has no way to grab onto the "hook" at the rear. Lame, I've been trying to figure out a way to fix it for months now, to no avail.
There is a subaru fix for this:

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
1,211 Posts
65577AE02AML Stopper List $12.72 Discount on line $9.69

Not too bad, the ML and DL is most likely the colour, best to call Subie Gal or someone to get the proper part. Shipping is usually the killer on these things. I tend to order some other things to make it worth while. Oil Filters, crush washers, air filters stuff like that.

Peaty

·
Registered
50 Posts
FMGreen said:

That's crazy because mine did the same thing, I made a new one out of some sheet aluminum.

Oh, and I keep it closed, girlfriend leaves it open.

enouen

·
Registered
111 Posts
My Dog rides in the back of my car, and hes big, so we just took out the cargo cover to give him more space. also, whilst I was trying to figure out how I was going to fix the little reciver hook on the passenger side, I broke the siding trim, anybody have some suggestions on fixing it? Ive tried duct tape looped over and hot glue, but the piece of the trim just hangs there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I took that blind off the day I brought my XT home; same with that goofy mini-blind on the tailgate. And like the Liz said above, I usually have the seats down if there's nobody riding in back. After-market dark window tint makes it difficult (though not impossible) for someone to figure out what's inside, but I always think if they're determined to get in, they'll do it regardless of whether they can see the cargo.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
38 Participants
LuvMySoob
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing