Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 OB Limited 2.5 Ice Silver Metallic
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hated the fact that you really can't use the two rear cubbies w/o stuff staying in place. Had an Xterra with similar cubbies but had factory nets to keep stuff in place.

Went to eBay and ordered these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Car-R...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

They are a bit on the long side so I had to trim them down. Very easy to do. You can see in the pic the bungee cord is crimped with a metal ring. I cut them down to size (top and bottom bungees, and the netting) Leaving the bottom one 1" longer to account for the wider top gap. I used zip ties in place the metal rings. The supplied screws worked perfectly. The nets don't need to be super tight/stretched, just enough tension so stuff does not fall out. You can see in the pics I placed them on the inside edge of the cubbies, works well with the cargo tray and does not hang up.

Hope the pics load up ok.

Great mod for under $10

Fredy

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT, in Crystal White Pearl
1,012 Posts
FWIW, here are the Subaru Accessory side cargo nets that I had in my Gen 4:

They are cargo net "bags" that you can put items in, or else you can put things behind both layers of netting. There are separate nets for both sides.

The two upper attachment points were elastic loops over screwed-in "knobs". When you order the nets, the instructions include a template for locating the knobs. The template wouldn't be right for a Gen 6, I don't think, but the upper knobs should still attach just fine, once you figure out good mounting locations.

The bottom attachment points are clips that hooked into existing metal rings/loops on the edge of the floor, on either side. That's the thing that would have to be checked out, to know if the Gen 6 has any attachment rings/loops in about the right place.....

I make no claims about whether these nets would fit properly.

This is another link for the same Gen 4 nets, at a lower price, and there is a link in the page to the installation instructions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts