Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which cargo nets work best for the 2nd gen outbacks? I've found generic nets on various Subaru accessories sites but I'm not sure how well they'll fit. I am interested in possibly getting side nets and one that will work against the seat back. I'm not as interested in the one that goes along the rear hatch. I've searched the forums but I haven't been able to find much.

Also for those using the Subaru dog/cargo separator w/ moonroof...How easy is it to put in and remove? Is it a pain to remove to fold the seats for long loads? I also see that Subaru recommends not using with tethered child seats. Anyone know why? It seems like you could thread the tether through the grating.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Any photos would be super helpful too. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which cargo nets work best for the 2nd gen outbacks? I've found generic nets on various Subaru accessories sites but I'm not sure how well they'll fit. I am interested in possibly getting side nets and one that will work against the seat back. I'm not as interested in the one that goes along the rear hatch. I've searched the forums but I haven't been able to find much.

Also for those using the Subaru dog/cargo separator w/ moonroof...How easy is it to put in and remove? Is it a pain to remove to fold the seats for long loads? I also see that Subaru recommends not using with tethered child seats. Anyone know why? It seems like you could thread the tether through the grating.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Any photos would be super helpful too. Thanks.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,127 Posts
as for nets, try Amazon, find highly rated ones in the styles you like, then search the questions/reviews for the words Subaru or maybe Outback .

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback L.L. Bean Edition H6-3.0
38 Posts
I bought an OEM one online and installed it. Just need a 1/2" drill and a 1/6" bit I believe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an 03 Bean I bought new. I bought the Subaru pet grill and it's still being used daily. It takes me just a couple minutes to take off and about five minutes to reinstall. Every once in a while I'll check the tightness of the hand screw fasteners and occasionally one of them will need a little twist, but it's never come down.

Don't know anything about tethering. No kids.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Jay where did you get it from ?
I have a big dog who takes up the whole back seat and would prefer him in the boot section . I'm in Australia but Amazon etc do ship here

·
Registered
4, Gen 2 H6's: 2001 LLBean, 2002 LLBean, 2002 VDC, 2003 Plain...I love the H6's!
199 Posts
I have bought two used dog barriers for my Gen 2 Outbacks off local craigslist here in Alaska, USA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts