Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,
Im planing to carry a King mattress on a 2017 subaru outback and i dont have a roof basket,just the standard cross bars. Has anyone done this before?
if so, could you please tell me what are the things i need to get, to put the mattress on subaru and secure it. Also could you please upload pics for the materials.

Thanks
Kashyap

On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
if new get the mattress company to deliver it, / take away old mattress if needed.

or rent a high roof van.

loading a mattress on the roof of a car,...particularly a king only makes for humorous pictures, ...and if a inner spring mattress permanently bend some of those springs inside.

here is a old thread, with some of those pics,...and a 2001 is not that much smaller then a 2017

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/110-gen-2-2000-2004/270434-2001-obw-will-queen-bed-fit.html

Reactions: kashyap

Registered
2014 3.6R Limited
I would think a king size mattress would overload the roof rails. If not by weight if you attain any speed at all I would thing there is a good possibility you could rip the roof rails right off your subbie. Bye-bye mattress!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.