Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback 4-cyl, 4-eat
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded my 07 for a new 2018 Limited 2.5.Lots of good changes other than the radio issue discussed by many others. I needed to haul an 8ft. rolled up area rug and found the following. Move the passenger all the way forward. Tilt the seat back about half way and remove the headrest. Remove the headrests from the rear passenger side back seat and tip it forward. Now put the front seat all the down and I had no trouble getting the rug in. I used a small tarp to protect the upholstery. I have also used this to bring home six 8ft. 2x4's for a small project. I did lay a piece of 4x4 across the top of the back of the rear seat to keep the weight of the wood off the seat padding.

No, the sales staff at the dealership didn't know about this.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,119 Posts
You need a roof rack.
Agreed.

I have a MegaWarrior (Yakima) that I have had for almost 20 years. When I need to haul something on either car, I pop on The MW. I can carry up to 16' long (if stiff enough) and 4x8 sheets with ease.

Plus weird shaped things...

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
Agreed.

I have a MegaWarrior (Yakima) that I have had for almost 20 years. When I need to haul something on either car, I pop on The MW. I can carry up to 16' long (if stiff enough) and 4x8 sheets with ease.

Plus weird shaped things...
You aren't supposed to haul grandma sitting on her rocking chair up there: that'll exceed the weight when you combine grandma and the chair! >:)

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,119 Posts
You aren't supposed to haul grandma sitting on her rocking chair up there: that'll exceed the weight when you combine grandma and the chair! >:)
Only if ya got the woodgrain on the side. Who needs the sportwagon, right?

Anut Edna was a little peanut. Probably 70lbs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts