Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 2.5i premium white w black 2005 2.5i 5 spd manual wagon
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody sell a car to Carvana or Vroom and if so did the transaction go well?
We are selling our 2019 premium with 7600 miles on it.
We like the car well enough but are both retired and decided to downsize to one vehicle for a while..

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
1,799 Posts
Like dining out, convenience has a price. But you could try Carmax, too.

Curious, what car are you keeping?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I actually thought there offers weren't bad .
$22500 from Vroom and $22400 from Carvana.
Dealers are retailing these for as low as $23900 to as high as $26000 or more with similar mileage and that doesn't mean they will actually receive asking price.
Also Vroom picks it up for free and Carvana does similar

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R
175 Posts
I sold my '13 Outback to Carvana for a fantastic price and it was riddled with issues. They didn't even look the car over and cut me a check within 10 minutes of dropping it off. I recommend them. Not sure its a good business model tho.

·
Registered
2014 3.6R Limited
932 Posts
This is comparing apples to oranges. When I bought my outback I was trading a low mileage 2008 F-250 4x4 Diesel. Carvana's prices on Outbacks were around a Grand higher than my Subbie dealer. Carvana offered 13-14K for my truck! CarMax offered 20K. My Subbie dealer gave me a tad bit more.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Is this coming from experience or internet forums?
well since you asked

and as of now they are like 1.8B in debt....they are not likely to survive much longer

I have in my life financed 3 cars, and all 3 I paid off asap. I have bought most of my cars including my most recent one (2010 Outback 3.6R) with cash... when I sold my cars I typically do it through word of mouth...

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R
175 Posts
well since you asked

and as of now they are like 1.8B in debt....they are not likely to survive much longer

I have in my life financed 3 cars, and all 3 I paid off asap. I have bought most of my cars including my most recent one (2010 Outback 3.6R) with cash... when I sold my cars I typically do it through word of mouth...
So you've never dealt with either company. How did you come to the conclusion they will "lowball" you?

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
250 Posts
All it takes is some time to get a quote from any of those places, might as well include CarMax and maybe even local dealerships since it's so new

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
you are better off selling it yourself... they are going to lowball you just like a dealer would
They don't low ball you. They offer you a price that allows them to make a profit on the resale of your vehicle.

The low baller's are half those you will be contacted by as you try to sell it yourself. The other half will be those, that for a small fee, will help you sell your vehicle.

I would rather take the 12-14% hit and sell it to CarMax.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well Carvana picked up the car today .Looked at it for about 3 seconds and gave me the check.
Easiest sale I've ever done. Best price I got and no hassle dealing with salesman, low ballers, trying to sell myself etc
Saw one at a dealer with options I didn't even have (BSM, RTCA, Moonroof etc) for only $500 more than I got.from Carvana.
Pretty happy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like dining out, convenience has a price. But you could try Carmax, too.

Curious, what car are you keeping?
Sorry didn't see this earlier
We are keeping our toyota tacoma

1 - 14 of 14 Posts