Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First new car EVER! 2028 Outback - cat snuck in, door closed and dug claws into panels. Is there a repair ...or replace?
9AD845C0-2AD9-451F-A40E-B4D0C040B531.jpeg Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
First new car EVER! 2028 Outback - cat snuck in, door closed and dug claws into panels. Is there a repair ...or replace?
Wow, you travel time much? lol 2028? So, an 18' or a 20'?

How bad is it? How many different areas will need to be addressed? Call your insurer?

Reactions: Lunaluv18

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Some of the smaller ones might be ironed down... some paper to protect the surface and an iron... the larger ones would still be visible.

Maybe some sort of glue for the longer tears after ironing flat.

Replace to keep looking like new.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Some of the smaller ones might be ironed down... some paper to protect the surface and an iron... the larger ones would still be visible.
Permatex sells a kit 8171 that has what appears to be a heating pad that's powered.

·
Registered
'19 Outback Touring 3.6R
259 Posts
As much as I like my cats, I think I'd have a cat fur steering wheel cover if that happened to my new car!

Replacement is the only way to make that right. I doubt a repair would be perfect enough to satisfy you for your first new car. Every time you get home after seeing even a slight imperfection in the repair you'd be looking for your cat to give it a reminder that you're still pissed at it . . .

Good Luck,

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,681 Posts
If you're real picky, it will never be repaired to your satisfaction. But don't pay for new; just bide your time and keep a lookout for a good condition used part.

I had the same thing happen with the guy you see in my avatar - so I know how deep into the panel this goes.

·
Registered
402 Posts
HEY @Lunaluv18! THIS JUST CAME TO ME!!!

You should really get your OB to a vet, SOON! It could have Cat Scratch Fever!

:eek:
edit: thanks for clarifying the damage. BTW..... yea, I was being a smarta$$.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts