Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 horizontally opposed cylinders of fury
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving recently with a loaded box in the trunk. As I went around a turn, it slid to the back of the trunk & towards the passenger side. It sheared off the item indicated in the picture- that plastic "cup" that protects the sockets of the reverse & other lights that are integral to the trunk lid. The cup snaps in with 4 tabs, they all broke. In my case, it also busted one of the retaining tabs of the reverse light socket.

I had to buy a new cup- $39!! The dealer had it in stock, which suggests this is a common occurrence- they don't generally stock items like this unless they sell.

Attachments

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Dang, what a drag. Looks like it could also be damaged if you slam the lid down on a large object, too.

Does your trunk floor have little D-ring attachment points like the ones in the cargo floor of a wagon?

(same pic, but lightened)

Attachments

·
Registered
18 horizontally opposed cylinders of fury
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked & all I found were a pair of hooks, on either side of the trunk opening, to tie down a cargo net or something. I didn't see any such accessory listed for sedans in the brochure, though. I'm sure I could find a generic one if I decide to go that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts