Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my CEL from my exhaust mods. Only 10k miles later...Looks like it's time for a Pony Express MIL eliminator. CEL P0420 is a cat efficiency problem, bank 1. Which means the rear O2 sensor had seen a temp problem I guess. Brian

·
Registered
17,023 Posts
Could it be a winter only issue? maybe summertime temps will keep it away. Of course, if you are due for inspection you must do something I guess.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No inspections here in Nebraska, and yeah mostly due to the exteme cold here lately. 0 degrees F for lows, etc. Brian

·
Registered
194 Posts
Same problem on mine. But with 137k on the clock, something is bound to go wrong. Maybe I will just wait and see if this is due to the weather.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the P0420 pulled last week and has not returned...yet. So far so good, maybe since the temps raised a little and less snow to run through. Brian

·
Registered
194 Posts
Guess I should clear mine and see if it reappears.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AutoZone pulls them for free, if you have one near you. Very nice guys there. They will tell you what the code is, and erase it for you, Brian

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well, out here in Ohio they sometimes do not want to clear the codes. Do not know why.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts