Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2011, Touring Wagon, 2.5
34 Posts
That's what I'm wondering. I had always been told that magnets near a computer were a no no.
That was probably because of mechanical hard drives which use magnets or the older style CRT monitor which would discolor with a magnet

I wouldnt do it... I also do not want anything in my pockets with magnets due to cards.
My understanding from what I can see is that you only stick a piece of metal to the back of your case/phone which the dash mounted magnet then sticks to

cheers
mutton

·
Registered
2013 2.5 Limited
47 Posts
That was probably because of mechanical hard drives which use magnets or the older style CRT monitor which would discolor with a magnet

My understanding from what I can see is that you only stick a piece of metal to the back of your case/phone which the dash mounted magnet then sticks to

cheers
mutton
i bet that metal becomes magnetized over time... plus i have to have my phone in a fairly protective case. its a great idea though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does the Proclip "A" pillar mount interfere with the deployment of an airbag? I'd hate to have my phone launched into my face in an accident.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5
560 Posts
I got one of the Mountek cd mounts. the size was too small for my 5" Garmin, but worked for my 4.3" that I use for work. It has a limited range for movement, which I found unusable, and it sits too low for my comfort level. I also tried it out in my work van (2011 Kia Sedona, and it was also too low (no pics). I do not use the turn by turn voice prompts.
In my OBW
View attachment 25597
So, I'll continue with my ProClip A pillar mount.
View attachment 25598
In the year plus that I have used it, I have not had any problems with visibility. I do remove the Garmin when parked, and sometimes take the mount off as well. And it does not interfere with the sunshade I use.
I like the concept of this mount but was concerned about the horizontal movement, if it has any. Is it adjustable or does it just have a slight left cant to it?

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
I like the concept of this mount but was concerned about the horizontal movement, if it has any. Is it adjustable or does it just have a slight left cant to it?
I was able to angle it for optimum viewing, So, I don't recall if it has a left cant. With the swivel mount, it worked just fine. I am not presently using it, as my iphone has gps and i keep it on the console.
Bill

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5
560 Posts
I was able to angle it for optimum viewing, So, I don't recall if it has a left cant. With the swivel mount, it worked just fine. I am not presently using it, as my iphone has gps and i keep it on the console.
Bill
Thanks, I ordered one so I'll see how it turns out.

·
Registered
2003 Forester X, 2012 Outback Ltd
47 Posts
As a new buyer, I am looking to purchase a cell phone holder for my 2012 OB. There are a bunch of threads already on this topic but they are kind of old and I am sure there are new products that people have dealt with.

I am considering the Kuda mount since I have a black interior and like having my phone at eye level and close to the 12VDC outlet. Does anyone else have a Kuda or can recommend anything similar to it?

Sleze,

What kind of cell phone holder did you end up buying? I also like the Kuda mount but I was wondering if installing it on the dashboard causes any damage.

·
Registered
2011 Legacy GT SSM
254 Posts
Look no further... imagnet has got you covered! I mean... how can you not love this???

I like this. Just trying to figure out where it should be mounted.

I would love to stick the phone right where the cover for the cubby under the radio is, but still be able to raise the door. Nothing I have seen yet can do that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
can someone paste a picture of cell phone mount that you recently purchased and works well for your Subaru? I am running out of ideas to mount the phone.

·
Registered
'14 Subi OBW, '02 Subi OBW (gone now, but well loved), '15 Toyota Sienna, '13 Honda CR-V
1,700 Posts
After going thru a few over my years of ownership, I swiped this guy from my wife's Sienna van. I mounted it to the lower louver of the vent to the left of the radio head, and canted it slightly to the right so that my Samsung G7 clears most of the steering wheel. The phone then slightly covers the left bank of radio buttons, but not by much. I think this is the best thing I've found yet for this odd shaped dash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After going thru a few over my years of ownership, I swiped this guy from my wife's Sienna van. I mounted it to the lower louver of the vent to the left of the radio head, and canted it slightly to the right so that my Samsung G7 clears most of the steering wheel. The phone then slightly covers the left bank of radio buttons, but not by much. I think this is the best thing I've found yet for this odd shaped dash.

Thanks Fibber2

61 - 75 of 75 Posts