Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Impreza SP CVT
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find a pic using the search function of what the center armrest extension looks like for an 08 OB 2.5i. Anyone have a pic they could share?
Thanks!

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,336 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Impreza SP CVT
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, DUH! :headslap:
Thank you sir for pointing out the obvious!

·
Registered
'09 OBXT with SpecB 6MT/BTS-5056/DOM1.5XTR and '02 WRX w/loads of JDM parts
292 Posts
The other option is the dual console box which adds more storage

avoJDM Parts Online

If you need more pics of either option let me know cause I have both.

·
Registered
2014 Impreza SP CVT
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer WRX! I already ordered one from the local dealer this AM. Additional storage space could be a good thing but, for me, if there's a place to put stuff, I am required to put stuff in it just to fill the space. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
1,080 Posts
Extended vs Dual

Guys i bought my car without it and the armrest is completely worthless! Bought the extended armrest a few months later and it was the greatest mod I've done thus far.
I agree, the factory 'armrest' in the '05 is useless.

I had test drove a couple OB's and one of them had what I thought was the extended armrest that AWDFTW had posted and have been considering purchasing it since I found it doing my own searching a couple months ago. But then I noticed WRX USA's link to the avoJDM dual arm rest, this was what was in at least one of the ones I test drove and thought they were the same thing.

I just want some clarification between the two. The 'Armrest Extension'
: is it taller, or does it just slide to extend longer? I can tell the dual console box is taller and I think that's what I want. Plus more storage would be nice since the glove box isn't that great.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I am fairly sure that both the extended arm rest, raised, and the dual console box are the same height and position. I can check later today. The extended arm rest replaces the existing arm rest and has two heights, the lower worthless one and the raised functional one. The raised one is slightly forward. The dual console box fits between your existing armrest and the console and raises the arm rest to a usable height, brings it forward and adds perfect storage for change, sunglasses, phone, etc. The only trade-off that I can determine and more than likely why SOA decided not to give it to us is that you can't easily have two large drive thru beverages in the cup holders. Not a major deal since you just need to pay attention and/or open the dual console lid. I'll see if can take a pic of that too.

·
Registered
2014 Impreza SP CVT
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just installed the factory armrest extension and WOW, what a difference! In the lowered position, it mimics the stock armrest but when needed, it rises by about 40mm and moves forward about 50mm. Puts it where, IMO, the stock armrest should have been in the first place. Only downside I can see though is a tall drink container may not fit in the rear cup holder. And it installed in about 10 minutes. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
1,080 Posts
Awesome pictures guys. This really helps. I for sure want the additional storage rather than just something that extends.

Here is a pick of the JDM option:
WRX: just one question, does it use your existing console top?

·
Registered
'08 OBXT '07 'beca '02 Foz
144 Posts
So the JDM version is just the box without a top? The existing top gets used as the top hatch for the JDM box? Am I reading that right?

Any idea if the impreza extension works for the OBXT?

·
Registered
292 Posts
So the JDM version is just the box without a top? The existing top gets used as the top hatch for the JDM box? Am I reading that right?
Correct and correct.

Any idea if the impreza extension works for the OBXT?
Won't work, the only potential would be an extension for a Legacy.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,336 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Legacy Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT
97 Posts
Thanks for the super quick response! Searching the part from the old link returned tons of results, none of which seemed right.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts