Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2013 outback 2.5 liter limited edition. Does anyone know what the clip on the inside of the center console lid is used for? I'm thinking it has something to do with the phone cord but I can't seem to get it to work for that function.
By the way I've always had trucks and this is my first time owning a car. My wife has a 2009 out back and after driving hers I decided to ditch the truck and buy the outback. All I can say is I love this car and I think I'm in the cult for life.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium 6MT
34 Posts
I just bought a 2013 outback 2.5 liter limited edition. Does anyone know what the clip on the inside of the center console lid is used for? I'm thinking it has something to do with the phone cord but I can't seem to get it to work for that function.
By the way I've always had trucks and this is my first time owning a car. My wife has a 2009 out back and after driving hers I decided to ditch the truck and buy the outback. All I can say is I love this car and I think I'm in the cult for life.
That's where I keep my registration and insurance. Same thing was on the inside of my Element armrest, used it for the same purpose.

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5 XT Limited, '09 Outback Sport, '13 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP & Brilliant Brown Pearl
161 Posts
If this is what the original poster is referring to, I'm still trying to find out what this center console clip is for also.. See pictures below..

I have my car papers in an envelope in the upper tray, however this clip looks like something for a cell phone holder.. I even tried my 3rd gen iPod and it almost fits but gets caught on a tang just an inch in when inserted so I don't think it's for that..

The manual shows a picture and does not mention the purpose. I even removed the center console cup divider to see if that was the item that would go in the clip for storage and it's not..

So I'm baffled.. I don't know what its for..

Pictures: Manual reference first..

Now the actual shots showing the clip..

Steve
Bethlehem, Pa.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
Oooops ... now I see - I do need a second cup of coffee... sorry about that.
I keep my "spare" driver's license there, National Park ID card, gasoline and other credit cards and folded car registration and insurance card. That clip holds all those items in place without sliding out and has a little recessed square for ladies with longer nails to pull out any af the above (at least that is my opinion). You don't have to reach into the glove box to retrieve anything, generating unwanted and potentially dangerous movements if LEO stops you....(watching too many movies...)

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
Well you guys are way ahead of me. I've had my 3.6R ltd for 4 months and I never noticed this useful little clip. Now I'm going to have to find something to put there.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
It could also be for iPod but, I don't have one, so I don't know, if it would fit there....

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5 XT Limited, '09 Outback Sport, '13 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP & Brilliant Brown Pearl
161 Posts
As I said above I already tried a iPod and it didn't work.

Steve

·
Registered
161 Posts
According to my Subaru mechanic who has a 2012 himself, he said its for business cards and other misc paperwork.. So there ya go..

BTW the ezpass would never fit in that slot.. It's barely beg enough for a 3rd gen iPod..

Steve

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
If this is what the original poster is referring to, I'm still trying to find out what this center console clip is for also.. See pictures below..

I have my car papers in an envelope in the upper tray, however this clip looks like something for a cell phone holder.. I even tried my 3rd gen iPod and it almost fits but gets caught on a tang just an inch in when inserted so I don't think it's for that..

The manual shows a picture and does not mention the purpose. I even removed the center console cup divider to see if that was the item that would go in the clip for storage and it's not..

So I'm baffled.. I don't know what its for..

Pictures: Manual reference first..

Now the actual shots showing the clip..

Steve
Bethlehem, Pa.
According to my Subaru mechanic who has a 2012 himself, he said its for business cards and other misc paperwork.. So there ya go..

BTW the ezpass would never fit in that slot.. It's barely beg enough for a 3rd gen iPod..

Steve
What made you change your mined, your mechanic, it is a wire holder,isn't it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.