Subaru Outback Forums banner

Central door locking issue, need help!

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JDMBH5Taylor 
#1 ·
Vehicle is a Subaru 2000 JDM legacy GTB, BH5. (automatic)

My doors wont stay unlocked and i cannot figure out why here's the story..

I installed command start on my legacy, new exactly each wire i was splicing into, that went fine. I know its nothing to do with that. After, i decided to wire in my keyless entry with the new module. I found the one white wire that signals the actuator to lock or unlock. I wired in my 250ma negative output to the white wire and the doors would unlock with the push of my new key fob. That went fine. Then I put a 12v source on that same wire, and it locked the doors. Seemed all is fine and working properly. Then, unlocking the door with my fob, all 4 doors including the hatch had unlocked momentarily, then locked. And now does this every single time I press the unlock button on my fob, including my factory key fob. I tried unlocking drivers door manually, which usually would unlock the rest of the doors as well, but did not. I have tested the lock function, after unlocking all doors, and it works fine. All the fuses and circuit breakers are still okay, but when i did the continuity test across the clock room fuse in the engine bay, it read 4ohms across the fuse points, telling me theirs resistance in the circuit somewhere. I know it wasn't this fuse as well because it tested .02ohms across when pulled.
I was thinking maybe my keyless entry module is malfunctioning on me, but wanted to be sure before buying and replacing. Or maybe a door actuator, or a short? Cant figure it out. Maybe someone else has had this problem?

I hooked up my own ground wire, and connected it to the white signal wire, and all 4 doors would stay unlocked, but as soon as i disconnected it, the doors would lock again. I know the doors work in reverse polarity, but just don't know whats causing the doors to lock themselves after unlocking them. Any help or advice would sure be appreciated!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.