Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know the SCCA's WOR region run some rallycross events. You can find information on MyAutoEvents You will have to register on the site though. I think The Lizard might have a few ideas for you as well.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
I know of a large, open lawn outside Mt Gilead as a good possibility. It has varying degrees of slope, and in the right season it would have good mud potential. You could run laps against the clock, and if anything breaks, there's even a well-equipped garage in the infield.

But I'd recommend waiting until Mericet says he's off on another business trip...

:D

Actually, almost all of my public-area off-roading has been outside of central Ohio. One exception is the way you can drive onto the bed of the Kokosing River at Millwood, if the water is low, but I don't think you can go very far in either direction. There used to be a little area at Circleville, along the Scioto and under the Rt 23 bridge, but it's fenced off now.

I've gone offroad on private property belonging to various friends, usually for the purpose of getting to a campsite. But none of that is mud-running play; to the contrary, I try to not tear up the ground.

Last winter I found some nice roads in the Scioto Trail State Forest, winding along ridgetops, but that's not really off-road.

A friend of mine used to ride a trail bike around the Monday Creek ORV Area whose trails are limited to vehicles 50 inches width or less. But it you're willing to snoop around the area, you can find various dirt/gravel roads, usually leading to trailheads or oil wells.

I recommend that you get a copy of the Ohio Atlas and Gazetteer so you can find remote roads. (These are also available for most other states.)

Where are you located?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Outie5000

Westerville
im just a high school student, i may be 17 but i know what i am willing to do for what i want. I have a good job, and am trying to take advantage of being young. most kids myage are into their little sporty compact imports, but "the green station wagon" is my primary choice. Is Subaru out of mainly out of Japan? I have seen the Aussie commercials but ive been told i am driving a japanese car? do they speak the truth? the h-4, family oriented, import wagon i depend on each day does not compare to the power of a modern chevy. My good friend is buying a 1989 Iroc-Z Camero from her dad and is well on her way to becoming a highly skilled auto-tech. i hope some day to follow her path into Columbus States' automotive program. There is so much to be learned about cars and so much more new dealings. im just trying to make myself happy, and maybe a little farther down the line, a name for myself, but what more does a kid want.

·
Registered
194 Posts
No one can do laps around the yard until my OB is fixed!

EagleOutback: Yes, Subaru is a Japanese company. But GM has holds 20% (I believe) of the shares. Since your friend is into F-bodies, you should tell her to check out COFBA I have the dubious honor of being the Vice President for this year and also drive a 92 RS.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
The OB body is (was) built in West Lafayette, Indiana, at the Subaru/Isuzu plant, but the drivetrain is imported from Japan.

·
Friendly Subaru Dealer, ,
47 Posts
Re: Outie5000

EagleOutback said:
Westerville
im just a high school student, i may be 17 but i know what i am willing to do for what i want. I have a good job, and am trying to take advantage of being young. most kids myage are into their little sporty compact imports, but "the green station wagon" is my primary choice. Is Subaru out of mainly out of Japan? I have seen the Aussie commercials but ive been SNIP.
The Outback is about as All-American as it gets. I'm sitting here looking at the plant that builds them, about 3 miles from where I sit accross a corn field.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Luke_Monroe
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing